Collaborating with BIOS in Grant Calls can help you…
The Administrative Department of Science, Technology, and Innovation –Colciencias, through the Direction for Research Promotion, has acknowledged BIOS as a Center for Technological Development by Resolution No. 253 of 2015. This recognition is important, because it allows BIOS to gain access to the benefits of the Tributary Statute of Science, Technology and Innovation, which establishes the following: The people or entities that invest in research and technological development projects will have the right to a tax deduction of 175% of the value invested in these projects.
Further, the Center has a research group that is acknowledged by Colciencias as Category B and is formed by 26 researchers, including biologists, microbiologists, system engineers, industrial engineers, electronics engineers, and bioinformatics. In the last years, the group has carried out activities in training, research, and biotechnological products development, through collaborations with different academic groups and entities from national and international business and government sectors, which have impacted in the development of Science, Technology and Innovation in Colombia. BIOS has personnel dedicated exclusively to focus, build, strengthen, and pursue fundraising through grants and fundraising guidance, based on technological vigilance at national and international levels, the identification of financial, legal, scientific, and commercial feasibility, and the identification of new product-scaling possibilities. In this manner, thanks to the country’s potential in biological and genetic resources and their derivatives, in addition to BIOS’ management capacity for obtaining economic subventions, we can facilitate the articulation of multiple sectors in order to develop projects in bioprospecting, with the use of modern biotechnology techniques in bioinformatics and omics sciences, as the first step in the added value chain, through:
- High performance computational analyses focused on bioinformatics research
- Enhancement of research and development processes
- Reduction in computational time and cost
- Efficient and scalable technological capacity
- Availability of science and technology experts and access to advanced infrastructure
- Alliance-building to facilitate and enhance products and services development
- Total confidentiality and security of development processes
- Expert support for scientific formation
- Optimization of resources destined to science and technology, through the possibility of tax deductions from investments.
Content text 2 ...