The Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology of Colombia – BIOS is generator of development and innovation for the country, by creating and carrying out projects aimed at technological transfer and public appropriation of science and technology-based developments, under the framework of high impact initiatives related to basic sciences, life sciences, and computational sciences. This is achieved through strategic alliances with globally acknowledged businesses and academic and development centers, in addition to BIOS’ highly specialized human resource and advanced high performance computing and scientific data visualization infrastructure.
- To define clear objectives for customer satisfaction and to apply the knowledge and skills learned in processes for continuous improvement.
- To generate and develop scientific research, through the use and development of the most recent technologies, aiming to strengthen I+D+I processes and promote the development of Biotechnology and high technology biobusinesses.
- To use scientific computing as a national strategic asset to increase economic and social development in the country.
- To develop, strengthen, and expand scientific formation and training, through world-renowned experts and topics, focusing on the academic growth of professionals who will work for the development of Colombia as a Bioeconomical power.
- To consolidate BIOS, to develop a culture of innovation, to promote quality and the exceptional treatment of our customers.
- To offer information and prospecting services to the scientific, academic, governmental and business communities, making use of our capacity in high performance computing, providing high resources in biotechnological data storage, processing, security, and transmission.